As well as having fun and keeping cool in the summer months, our on site swimming pool helps to encourage childrens water confidence, safety, and other benefits including improved physical, emotional, social and cognitive development.
Here are some more key learning outcomes of swimming at an early age:
- Gross and fine motor skills are strengthened and coordination and balance are enhanced
- The motion and sensation of the water gives children an awareness of themself that otherwise would not be gained at such a young age
- Early experiences in water allow little ones to better develop their psychomotor skills, because there they can move more freely and begin to understand concepts of distance and movement
- Their cardio-respiratory system is also strengthened as they exercise their heart and lungs
- Early swimming also fosters a growing sense of self-esteem, confidence and independence, and as a young childs ability to freely move through the water increases – so does their sense of wellbeing!
Portfolios & Storypark
We use an awesome app called Storypark, which allows whānau to follow their child’s early learning journey and to ensure you don’t miss out on important centre communications.
Photos, videos and audio capture your child’s learning so you never miss a treasured moment again. You and your family can also feel more engaged in your child’s development, and you decide who you would like to invite to experience your childs learning journey with you. A perfect way to share those special moments with loved ones down the line or overseas.
Although we love to use Storypark as an online platform to communicate with parents, we also use paper portfolios for each child.
Children enjoy finding their paper portfolio and reflecting on their past activities at the centre. It is a fantastic way for children to engage in self-recognition and reflect on their personal development, as well as being a treasured keepsake for their 21st Birthday!
Contact us, book a tour or join our waiting list,
we’d love to hear from you!
We understand that your child’s education & care is a priority and that choosing the right centre can be a big decision. We would be delighted to share in your child’s learning journey. Feel welcome to contact us in whichever way is most convenient for you, or visit our centre and meet our Teaching Team!